Home Renovation FAQs
EnerGuide Home Evaluations
- What are EnerGuide home evaluations?
- What are the benefits of an EnerGuide home evaluation?
- Where can I find an energy advisor?
- What is an EnerGuide home label?
Energy Issues and Concerns
- Where do I start to reduce drafts and improve my home?
- When should I upgrade my heating system?
- What are the symptoms of poor indoor air quality, and how can it be improved?
- What are the health and safety considerations of home renovations?
Hiring a Contractor
- Where can I find a contractor that is right for the job, and what should I know before hiring them?
- Do I have to work with a Program Registered Contractor to access rebates through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Programs?
- How do I ensure that I am getting a fair price for my requested services from a contractor?
- What if I’m not satisfied with my contractor’s service?
- Can I do my energy efficiency upgrades myself?
- What are the most cost effective DIY home energy improvements?
- What resources are available for DIY home energy improvements?
- What is a new home?
- Do I need a permit for my upgrade?
- What are the permit requirements in the City of Vancouver?
- How do I find an energy efficient home to buy?