CleanBC Better Homes is BC’s online hub for homeowners to access information, rebates and support to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in new and existing homes.
British Columbians have access to support and resources for their residential renovation or residential new construction projects.
We help British Columbians find rebates to save energy and lower greenhouse gas emissions in their homes
Everyone in B.C. is feeling the effects of climate change: from forest fires, to floods, to extreme heat. The CleanBC roadmap to 2030 is B.C.’s plan to lower the greenhouse gas emissions that are causing climate change.
As of 2019 in B.C., around 7% of greenhouse gas emissions were from buildings, mainly from the energy used to heat them and provide hot water. By 2030, the province wants to reduce building and community emissions by about 60%.
- Providing incentives for citizens to switch to energy efficient systems and products;
- Regularly updating energy efficiency standards to improve products that use or control energy;
- Supporting research, demonstration and development of low carbon building materials and construction methods; and
- Making all new buildings zero carbon by 2030.
CleanBC Better Homes helps B.C. meet our emissions goals
CleanBC Better Homes is helping B.C. make the shift to cleaner home energy. The program makes it easier for people to support this effort by:
- Providing rebates and support for homeowners to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in new and existing homes;
- Offering loans with interest rates as low as 0% for switching from fossil fuel heating systems to heat pumps; and
- Providing a path for builders through the BC Energy Step Code.
We give citizens the tools and information they need for a successful home energy project
Support and resources offered for residential renovation or new construction include:
- An easy to use rebate search tool to help citizens find rebates for their residential project;
- Answers to frequently asked questions on energy efficiency upgrades and accessing rebates;
- Free access to Energy Coaching services, including a phone and email hotline staffed by energy specialists; and
- Search tools to help citizens find a registered contractor or find an Energy Advisor for their project.
Program funding and partners
Working together to help fund and deliver provincial rebates
Rebate applications for CleanBC Better Homes programs are operated and managed by the Province of B.C., BC Hydro and FortisBC.
Climate change impacts all British Columbians, and we all play a part in slowing it down
Search for rebates
Find rebates specific to your home energy project by answering a few questions.
Have questions or need help?
Our Energy Coaches provide free information and guidance on CleanBC rebates and programs. Contact us through phone or email.
Find answers to your questions
View our database of answers to commonly asked questions about rebates, programs, projects and energy upgrades.