City of Colwood Heat Pump Water Heater Top-Up
The City of Colwood is offering a $350 top-up to CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program participants that switch from a fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, or propane) water heating system to an electric heat pump water heater. This municipal offer is in addition to the heat pump water heater rebates currently available through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program.
This offer is fully subscribed.
Who can apply
You must be a resident within the municipal boundaries of the City of Colwood
The application form must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the heat pump installation.
Funding provided by
The City of Colwood
You must be a resident within the municipal boundaries of the City of Colwood.
You must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the heat pump water heater rebate.
Primary fuel before upgrade
You must convert your primary water heating system from fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, propane) to an electric air-source heat pump.
In order to qualify for this rebate, all of the following requirements must be met. Please read them carefully. Contact an Energy Coach if you have questions.
Requirements for the home
- You must have a residential utility account with FortisBC, BC Hydro, or a municipal utility.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- You must be a resident within the boundaries of the City of Colwood.
- The home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
Requirements for installation
All new equipment must be installed:
- Your upgrades must be completed on or after January 01, 2021.
- You must convert your primary water heating system from fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, propane) to an electric air-source heat pump.
- You must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the heat pump water heater rebate.
The application must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the heat pump installation.
How to apply
Before you begin
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Have an eligible heat pump water heater installed. See the heat pump water heater page for eligibility requirements.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
Who to contact
Questions about the rebate?
Contact an Energy Coach to get clarification or help with understanding this rebate.
Questions about your application?
- BC Hydro customers
- FortisBC Customers
FAQs and more
Learn about heat pump water heaters
Get help from professionals
Finding the right contractor is key to having a successful home energy retrofit.Find a registered contractor