Township of Langley Green Building Rebate Program
Through the Township of Langley’s Green Building Rebate Program, you can receive up to $1,500 for completing residential construction projects or retrofits within the Township of Langley.
Rebate amountup to $1,500
Who can apply
Residents of the Township of Langley who are completing upgrades to achieve high performance new and existing buildings.
Within 90 days of final inspection or project completion, depending on stream.
Funding provided by
Township of Langley
- Program workflow for renovating a home is available online.
- Program workflow for constructing a new home is available online.
Mid-construction blower door testing
Incentives for mid-construction blower door testing. The Step Code has pass/fail airtightness targets for Part 9 buildings. Incentives are available to offset the cost of performing an additional pre-drywall blower door test once the air barrier is in place, but can still be repaired.
Step Code plan review subsidy
A subsidized Step Code plan review. An incentive is available to assist with the costs of energy modeling while working with an Energy Advisor on Part 9 Step Code Step 4 and 5 projects.
Upper Steps incentive for new builds
Financial incentives for new homes built to the Upper Steps (single-family dwellings brochure; multi-family dwellings brochure). Are you interested in being an energy-efficiency leader? Part 9 residential buildings built to Steps 4 or 5 of the Step Code qualify for additional incentives.
Existing home renovation incentive
A financial rebate on your building permit. By successfully renovating an energy efficient home, you may be eligible for a building permit rebate from the Township, as well as other industry incentives for both renovations and new builds.
In order to qualify for this rebate, all of the following requirements must be met. Please read them carefully. Contact an Energy Coach if you have questions.
- The program is open to builders, developers and homeowners who are constructing a new home in the Township of Langley.
- The home must be a single family home, row home unit, townhouse unit, or duplex.
Within 90 days of the building permit application, you must submit the energy modeling invoice to the Township of Langley.
How to apply
- Complete a pre-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation with an Energy Advisor. View NRCan’s list of service providers at nrcan.gc.ca/homes.
- When you apply for your building permit, receive the Renovation GBRP referral form.
- Complete your home renovation incorporating Energy Advisor recommended energy improvements.
- Contact your Energy Advisor to complete a post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation.
- Within 90 days of final inspection, submit the Renovation referral form, invoices, and EnerGuide documentation to the Township of Langley.
- At the start of the building design process, hire an Energy Advisor. View NRCan’s list of service providers at nrcan.gc.ca/homes.
- When you apply for your building permit, receive the New Construction GBRP referral form.
- Build your home to the meet the targeted level of the BC Energy Step Code and the Township’s GHG DPA requirements (if applicable).
- Contact your Energy Advisor to complete the final as-built BC Energy Compliance report.
- Within 90 days of final inspection, submit the New Construction referral form, invoices, and EnerGuide and energy modelling (ie, HOT2000) documentation to the Township of Langley.
Who to contact
Questions about the rebate?
Contact an Energy Coach to get clarification or help with understanding this rebate.
Questions about your application?
- Township of Langley
FAQs and more
Learn about energy efficient homes
Get help from professionals
Finding the right contractor is key to having a successful home energy retrofit.Find a registered contractor