FortisBC New Home Program
FortisBC’s New Home Construction program is designed to support the adoption of the BC Energy Step Code, advance higher efficiency new construction, and enable homeowners to enjoy lower energy bills and more comfortable, durable, and healthy homes. The FortisBC New Home Step Code Rebates are available for homes with building permits after March 29, 2018. These rebates are offered until December 31, 2023.
Rebate amountup to $10,000
Who can apply
The home must be new construction and built in FortisBC’s electricity* and/or natural gas service area.
Documentation must be submitted within 6 months of the date of issuance of an occupancy permit for the development
Funding provided by
The following forms must be submitted within 6 months of the date of issuance of an occupancy permit for the development:
- Online application
- Natural gas appliances application
- Electric appliances application
How to apply
Before you begin
- Carefully review the terms and conditions available at fortisbc.com/newhome to confirm your eligibility.
- To register your project, contact your Energy Advisor. Supporting documents include:
- Applicant Declaration
- BC Energy As-Built Compliance Report
- EnerGuide N Report (EnerGuide Homeowner Information Sheet)
Who to contact
FAQs and more
New home FAQs
Get help from professionals
Finding the right contractor is key to having a successful home energy retrofit.Find a registered contractor