New Home FAQs
CleanBC Better Homes New Construction
- What are the documentation requirements for the CleanBC Better Homes New Construction Program?
- I’m building my own home. Am I eligible to participate in the CleanBC Better Homes New Construction Program?
- My municipality is offering Energy Step Code rebates. Can I access both offers?
- How do I verify the minimum BC Energy Step Code requirement in my municipality?
Energy Efficient Buildings
- How are Passive house’s more energy efficient and climate-friendly then typical homes?
- How do I get my home Passive Certified?
- What is a Passive House?
- What are the benefits of building an energy efficient home?
BC Energy Step Code
- What is the BC Energy Step Code?
- How does the BC Energy Step Code compare to other green building labeling and certification programs: PassiveHouse, BUILTGREEN®, ENERGY STAR®, R2000, LEED
General Rebate Questions
- What is my climate zone?
- What are municipal utility providers?
- What rebates are available for new homes and how do I access them?
EnerGuide Home Evaluations
- What is an EnerGuide Label?
- When should I have an EnerGuide Evaluation?
- What are EnerGuide home evaluations and what are the benefits?
- What is a Mid-Construction Blower Door Test?