To ensure that you are properly reimbursed, you must have all of the following documents so we can verify your eligible retrofits for the Canada Greener Homes Grant:
- receipts for your pre-and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation
- all receipts and invoices for products purchased and for their installation
It is highly recommended that you also have an attestation form (if applicable for your retrofit) confirming that:
- installation of an electrical or mechanical system has been completed by a trained and licensed professional*
- a geothermal system was installed in accordance with CSA standards (PDF, size)
- the heat pump has been sized to your entire home (PDF, size)
- *When using a licensed professional it is highly recommended that you obtain proof of their license to install equipment in your province or territory.
Note: Program staff will be recommending homeowners use the attestation form, but partner portal will not be able to accept it due to privacy requirements at program launch.
- Homeowners need to keep copies of their documents until March 31, 2028.
The Canada Greener Homes Grant will never ask for banking information over the phone nor will a Service Organization or Energy Advisor ask for your banking information.