CMHC Eco Plus Program
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) Eco Plus Program offers a partial premium refund to homeowners who purchase climate friendly housing.
This program was formally called the CMHC Green Home Program.
Rebate amountUp to 25% insurance premium refund
Who can apply
Homeowners with mortgage financing insured by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Application must be submitted within 24 months of the closing date of the mortgage.
Funding provided by
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Eligibility is assessed using the Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) EnerGuide Rating System. To qualify, your home must have an energy efficiency certificate or meet energy efficiency or greenhouse gas targets.
Purchase or construct a new home built to eligible building standards
Purchase an existing home and make energy efficiency improvements
- You must have CMHC home insurance.
- Your home must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- meet eligible building standards; and/or
- meet Greenhouse Gas Emissions requirements; and/or
- meet energy consumption requirements
- You have paid your lending institution for the costs of CMHC mortgage loan insurance.
- Application must be submitted within 24 months of the closing date of the mortgage.
- Supporting energy efficiency documentation can be no more than 5 years old.
How to apply
Before you Apply:
- Download and complete the application form.
- Send us the completed application form with your home’s energy certificate or report:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 1 800 245-9274
- Mail: 700 Montreal Road (Suite 1000), Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0P7
Who to contact
Questions about the rebate?
Contact an Energy Coach to get clarification or help with understanding this rebate.
Questions about your application?
- CMHC Contact Centre
No updates for this program.
FAQs and more
Learn about purchasing a new home
Get help from professionals
Finding the right energy advisor is key to building a new energy efficient home.Find a program qualified energy advisor