Energy Saving Kits
BC Hydro, FortisBC, Pacific Northern Gas (PNG) and local municipal utilities are offering free energy saving kits for income qualified households. The kits include the following: water-efficient showerhead, kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators, weather-stripping, window film, outlet and switch plate sealers, a refrigerator/freezer thermometer, an LED night light and four LED light bulbs, a furnace filter coupon (for FortisBC gas customers), and installation guide.
Who can apply
You must be an income qualified household and a FortisBC, BC Hydro, PNG, or municipal utility customer.
Currently there is no deadline for Energy Saving Kits.
Funding provided by
BC Hydro, FortisBC, and Pacific Northern Gas
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, PNG, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an income qualified household for your region:
- Total household income includes the combined income of all members of the household over the age of 18. Utility may, at its discretion, accept or require alternative or additional proof of income, including: proof of rental, foreign and other sources of income.
Limit of one kit per household once every five years.
How to apply
- Check our income qualification chart based on your region to make sure that you’re eligible.
- Apply for the free kit online below. It takes less than five minutes to apply.
- After you apply, you’ll receive your energy saving kit within three to six weeks.
There are no fees or shipping costs.
Who to contact
Questions about the rebate?
Contact an Energy Coach to get clarification or help with understanding this rebate.
Questions about your application?
FAQs and more
Learn about home efficiency
Learn about this program
Don’t qualify for the free kit?Purchase an energy saving kit