Newly installed high-performance windows should come with a label from one of the following certification bodies:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Intertek Canada (Intertek)
- Labtest Certification (LC)
- QAI Laboratories (QAI)
- National Fenestration Ratings Council (NFRC)
Your label highlights important performance features of the window including:
- Its certified performance ratings (U-factor, Solar Heat Gain Coefficient, Energy Rating, and Visual Transmittance)
- The climate zone(s) for which it is certified
- A description of the product (type, materials, glazing, etc.)
- Its certification information
For more information about window labels, visit Natural Resources Canada.
*Windows with a U-factor greater than 1.22 W/m²-K will not have an ENERGY STAR® rating on the label.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.