Getting optimal performance from a new ENERGY STAR® certified boiler depends on more than just choosing the right equipment.
- Consult with experts: Ask an energy advisor or contractor how an ENERGY STAR certified boiler could transform your home.
- Get a heat load calculation: Ask the builder to confirm that the heating contractor calculates the heat requirements to ensure your gas boiler is sized properly.
- Ask about hydronic design: To ensure optimum performance and efficiency, make sure your contractor talks to you about all of the components, design and installation details for your system.
- Don’t forget about commissioning: Commissioning is a critical quality assurance step that should not be overlooked to verify and document that the engineered performance has been achieved.
- Maintain your equipment: Similar to servicing a vehicle, preventive maintenance is a good investment to minimize future problems. Arrange for annual servicing. Make regular adjustments to the controls of your system to ensure optimal functioning. Consult the owner’s manual for details.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.