We understand that sharing your income qualifying documentation can be uncomfortable. However, we need to collect this documentation to confirm your eligibility for the program.

Income qualifying documentation must be submitted for each member of your household that is over the age of 18 (excluding dependents). Types of income qualifying documentation we accept include:

  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). To get your NOA, please contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. Ensure that all information on the NOA is redacted except for your name, effective date, and line 150.
  • Verification of income or disability assistance, e.g. your monthly report (cheque stub) or a printed copy of your Confirmation of Assistance if you’re registered for My Self Serve.
  • A Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER) cheque stub, acknowledgement letter or benefit change letter from BC Housing.
  • A Rental Assistance Program acknowledgment letter or benefit change letter from BC Housing.
  • Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) notice.
  • Bank statement for 3 months, with all information except name and pay deposits redacted or 3 recent paystubs with all information except name and payment amounts redacted.
  • Proof of participation or eligibility in the Energy Conservation Assistance Program (ECAP), including eligibility confirmation letters or emails, approval letters or emails or other ECAP documentation that demonstrates proof of participation or eligibility.
  • An Endorsement Form completed by a professional or organization with knowledge of a participant’s financial situation, where they can attest to their income meeting the program criteria.
  • Proof of participation or eligibility in a program that has income qualifying criteria aligned with the CleanBC Better Homes Energy Savings Program. Contact us at 1-833-856-0333 or IncomeQualified@betterhomesbc.ca for further guidance if this applies to you.