To participate in the Canada Greener Homes Grant, a homeowner’s primary residence must be eligible for an EnerGuide evaluation. These residences include:
- Single and semi-detached houses
- Row housing
- All-season cottages
- Mobile homes on a permanent foundation
- Permanently-moored floating homes
- Small low-rise multi-unit residential building (MURBS) (3 storeys or less with a footprint of 600 m2 or less)*
- Mixed use buildings (residential portion only)*
* Multi-unit residential buildings (over 3 storeys or over 600 m2 in footprint) are not eligible homes under the Canada Greener Homes Grant.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.